If my late dad’s probate attorney does not respond back to me, what can I do?

Asked on February 11, 2013 under Estate Planning, California


Victor Waid / Law Office of Victor Waid

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

What are you looking for? Go to the court and obtain a copy of the probate file and review it for your answer. Then obtain an appointment with the probate attorney to clarify your questions and obtain the information you are seeking. Otherwise, consult another probate attorney to see if that attorney can assist you and possibly step into the executor repreentation for the estate.. Question: Are you the executor or a beneficary? If you are a beneficiary, consult the executor of the estate first, as the attorney represents the executor only.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.