If I was already sentenced to 1 year probation, is there any way to reduce that time in half due to my spouse getting moved overseas?

Asked on January 31, 2013 under Criminal Law, Colorado


Anthony Van Johnson / VANJOHNSON LAW FIRM, L.L.C.

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

If you retain the services of an attorney, the attorney can file a motion asking the court to modify your sentence or for early termination of your probation.  Of course, it is in your best interest that you have been in 100% compliance with the terms and conditions of your sentence prior to filing.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.