What to do if I would like to terminate contracts and all business with a printer company that I hired?

I was unable to reach anyone. The telephones were temporarily disabled on weekdays. Their emails went unanswered and I received a “failed delivery” response. My contact’s cell phone voice mail was full. Once I requested from my credit card company for the payments of a total of $1155 to be reversed is when I finally heard back from the billing department saying that my contact was still out on a family emergency. I have lost all trust in the company and want out. How should I proceed? They are in another state.

Asked on November 4, 2013 under Business Law, Washington


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

Continue the report with your credit card company to reverse the charge. Indicate the company has breached its contract with you and that you will not continue business. Review your contract and point to particular provisions within the contract and then list all of the ways the contract was breached, including how you could not reach these individuals and so forth.  This sets the same tone as your dispute with the credit card company.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.