What are my rights if I was injured at my job due to changes made in my department in order to “increase productivity”?

I never put it as a worker’s comp claim because I was scared I would lose my job. Immediately after the injury, I began to take care of my mother who was diagnosed with brain cancer. Long story short and a back surgery later, I am in a position where my life has completely changed because of a company that put productivity over everything. I am still suffering due to this. Is there anything that Ican do? What are my options?

Asked on June 26, 2014 under Personal Injury, New Jersey


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

Assuming your injury at work was documented, you should consult with a worker's compensation attorney in your locality to make a retroactive claim for worler's compensation benefits through your employer. Such an attorney can be found in your locality through attorneypages.com.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.