i was hurt off the job, bitten by a cottonmouth snake and will be out for about a month. is there financial help for me to help pay my bills?

Asked on July 1, 2009 under Personal Injury, Texas


J.M.A., Member in Good Standing of the Connecticut Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

I am a lawyer in CT and practice in this area of the law.  Where were you?  In any event, if you were not on someone's property that had a duty to keep it free of snakes, then there is nothing you can do as far as financial help other than obtaining a line of credit on your home, or getting a loan from a bank, or running up a big credit card bill.   I would talk to a lawyer about the loan options as they can get you in touch with loan officers for you or help you get a line of credit with a bank.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.