What to do if I was hit head on by a guy who was speeding and passed in a no pass zone over a blind hill?

He was going 75 mph in an 55 mph zone. My medical bills total around $7,800. I had limited use of my left arm and right leg for about a month. I was also put on anxiety medication 2 weeks after the accident after spending 2 weeks without eating or sleeping and having panic attacks. How much can I expect from a settlement.

Asked on June 26, 2012 under Personal Injury, Oklahoma


Leigh Anne Timiney / Timiney Law Firm

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

First, this is a serious accident and you are very lucky to have escaped without major serious injuries.  There are many factors to consider when attempting to settle a personal injury claim, so it is difficult to evaluate the value of a claim through a question like this.  You are entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering and any future disability you may have as a result of this accident.  I would strongly suggest that you at least consult a personal injury attorney.  Most personal injury attorneys offer free first time consultations.   It is very difficult to attempt to settle a personal injury claim on your own without experienced legal help.  Good luck to you.  

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.