What should I do if I was given a ticket for disorderly persons last night after an argument in a bar parking lot escalated into a fight?

Neither of us were seriously injured or arrested. I have never been in any sort of legal trouble. What consequences should I expect?

Asked on June 12, 2014 under Criminal Law, Michigan


Maury Beaulier / MinnesotaLawyers.com

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

You would be wise to retain legal counsel.  With no proir record, it may be possible to avoid a conviction and a criminal record with an agreement to Stay the  Prosecution. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.