What to do if I received a notice of default hearing?

The case is a bank against me. What should I do? I did not answer the original petition because I made an agreement with them to pay. I haven’t made payments in several months.

Asked on January 16, 2013 under Bankruptcy Law, Texas


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

I suggest that you call the representative with the bank as to the default hearing for money owed that is pending against you to see what you can do to prevent the entry of a default judgment against you.

If the representative will not work with you, then you need to consult with a consumer law attorney to give you some guidance as to how you can set aside the default and potential default judgment.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.