I need to renew my kids passports but my ex refuse to sign the proper docs. what to do? how can I do it without his signature?

Asked on June 15, 2009 under Family Law, Nevada


Denise Ferguson / Denise Ferguson Attorney At Law

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

Depending on the age of the child and what type of custody you have, you would need to return to court and get a court order requiring him to sign the paperwork.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.