Whatt o do if I have a contract saying that I would be paid within 60 days of a job but it’s been 4 months and I haven’t recieved anything?

And now I am delinquent on my bills because of this. Is there any way I can sue for more money because it is taking so long?

Asked on September 19, 2012 under Employment Labor Law, Florida


Catherine Blackburn / Blackburn Law Firm

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

You can probably collect interest at the statutory rate from the time you should have been paid to the time you are actually paid.  The current rate is 4.75% annually, so it is not much money for 2 months.  However, you should take action soon to obtain payment.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.