What if Ifailed to go to go to court on a forgery charge 14 months ago?

There is no warrant.

Asked on July 24, 2010 under Criminal Law, Missouri


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

Are you sure that there is no warrant?  It seems unlikely that if you failed to appear for a criminal proceeding that the Court system would just give you a "pass" and just wait and see if you ever decide to show up and answer the charges.  That is not usually how it works.  I would not walk around and assume that the matter will go away.  Warrants are not usually actively pursued.  In other words, the police will not come to your home and look for you.  Instead people are caught when they are stopped for a traffic infraction and their license number is run by the police.  Get yourself some legal help.  A little muscle in your corner is what you need here.  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.