I am on L2 and want to apply for EAD. Is SSN required for EAD application.

How much time will it take for EAD processing ?

Asked on June 2, 2016 under Immigration Law, Louisiana


SB Member California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

You will apply for and obtain a SSn after your EAD is approved.  You do not need to have one to apply for the EAD.  You only need to have proof of your eligibility for the EAD which would be your L-2 and proof of marriage and your spouse's L-1 status.  It is taking about 90 days for the EAD to be adjudicated.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.