How long can I be suspended from a large grocery store with a union, before I can draw unemployment benefits?

Asked on September 19, 2012 under Employment Labor Law, Kentucky


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

If you are "suspended" by your employer that is a large grocery store operator where you are not drawing a pay check, I would go immediately down to your unemployment office and make a claim for such benefits. It is better to apply for such under the situation that you are writing about than not to.

Given what you have written, for all intents and purposes you are unemployed. After all, you aren't drawing a pay check from my read of your question.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.