How do I go about resolving an apparent bench warrent from 6 years ago?

Upon the results of a background check, it looks like I have an bench warrant – misdemeanor cannabis possession 0-20 grams. I was caught taking a drag of a joint at a football game. I was arrested, bailed out and later I went to court; I paid a fee and thought everything was finished.

Asked on February 26, 2012 under Criminal Law, Florida


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.