How can I file a Pro se

I need to know how to file a pro se against an employer for wrongful dismissal,
and race discrimination?

Asked on January 14, 2018 under Employment Labor Law, Arkansas


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

You can either go to court and file a summons and complaint against the employer, drawing up the documents to comply with court rules, then having it served (hand delivered) on the employer in accordance with court rules...or you can contact the federal EEOC and make a complaint to them, which--if they deem it may have merit--they may then take, investigate, and bring legal action based on, on your behalf. The EEOC contains experts in doing this; you are (presumbly) not an expert at either court procedures or employment law. Go to the EEOC (Equal Employment Opportunity Commission) first and see if they can help--if they can't, you can always file a lawsuit later. "Google" the EEOC and you'll get the contact information and instructions for bringing a complaint to them. Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.