What to do if the dentist’s office changed paperwork after I signed it?

I signed a form to have 11 teeth pulled when I got home I realized I had 15 teeth missing. I went to get a copy of the form I had signed and it was modified after I signed it. Someone added 4 more teeth to the consent form.

Asked on October 3, 2013 under Malpractice Law, Kansas


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

Based upon what you have written about you should consult with an attorney practicing in the area of dental malpractice as well as the American Dental Association to make a complaint against the dental office where you ended up having additional teeth pulled without your consent.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.