Can I have a warrant quashed from another state other then the one I was arrested in?

Asked on November 5, 2013 under Criminal Law, Washington


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

Generally speaking, no, you can not.  You are going to have to deal with the warrant in the state in which it was issued.  Although there is a diffierence in the issuance between an arrest warrant and a bench warrant, in the end they can have the same results: being brought in by the police.  So hire an attorney to smooth the waters for you and deal with the matter asap.  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.