What are my rights if I am 62 years old and have just been terminated by my employer for reasons other than my claim for injuries?

UPDATED: Jul 25, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What are my rights if I am 62 years old and have just been terminated by my employer for reasons other than my claim for injuries?

I immediately submitted a personal injury report/claim to them and have also filed a WCC Notice of Claim for Compensation Form 30C with the state. Since I am no longer employed by this company, am I still obligated to be initially seen by their physician or can I now go to a physician of my choice for that initial evaluation? I have had a previous claim for a back injury and rotor cuff injury. I now have a new injury to my knees. The company has not responded to my requests to this matter.

Asked on July 25, 2012 under Employment Labor Law, Connecticut


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

If you believe that you have been terminated by your employer as a result of your age (age discrimination) or sustaining an on the job injury, you need to consult with an attorney that practices in the area of labor law and/or consult with a representative with your local department of labor to see what your legal recourse is resulting from your termination.

Bring all paper work to the consultations showing possible wrongful termination by your employer.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption