Where would it be easier and faster to get married?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Where would it be easier and faster to get married?

My boyfriend and I want to get married but I was born in the U.S and he was born in Mexico. We want to know where the process would be faster and easier to get married and have him be able to enter the U.S. He’s currently in school and were both 20 years old. He doesn’t have any type of visa or any criminal record. We were considering the K-1 visa but were not sure how long the process takes or if it would be easier and faster to get married in Mexico.

Asked on September 10, 2017 under Immigration Law, Illinois


SB Member California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

The first question is whether or not he is in the US lawfully or not.  If lawfully, what is his status?  If unlawfully, did he enter the US lawfully and overstayed or did he enter without an inspection.  It is very important to know this first in order to be able to advise you further.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption