Where do I file a $30,000 malpractice claim – in district or circuit court?

UPDATED: Jan 21, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jan 21, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Where do I file a $30,000 malpractice claim – in district or circuit court?

In OR.

Asked on January 21, 2011 under Malpractice Law, Oregon


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 12 years ago | Contributor

This question is best asked to an attorney in your area BUT you can also call and ask the clerks in the court as to the monetary limits of the curts in your area.  But my concern here is the type of case that you intend to file.  Is it a medical  malpractice case?  If it is a medical malpractice case then you may run up against a lot of procedural requirements to filing that you are not prepared to tackle.  And how do you know that there is a fixed sum to sue for?  Is it a legal malpractice case and this was the amount lost in the settlement?  Please go and seek legal consultation on this matter, even if from legal aid who has no stake in anything or a legal clinic in a law school - somewhere that can give you guidance knowing the full fact so f the case.  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption