What are my right for my husband commiting adultery

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What are my right for my husband commiting adultery

My husband and I have been married for 21 years I found out in February that he has been having an affair with a 27 year old that he used to counsel at our church now he and her have purchased a house in her name and he plans to leave me we have 3 sons 23, 18, 16 the 2 youngest are a senior and junior in high school and he stop paying our mortage so what can I do

Asked on November 10, 2017 under Family Law, South Carolina


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

It is time to go see an attorney.  You need to file for divorce and ask your attorney to file a pendente lite motion (for temorary support - child and spousal - asap).  While adultery is not needed to be proven to obtain a divorce, it can be important when a person uses marital funds to support that affair, deviating the funds from the marital union and home.  So start looking through and copying all bank records and investment records and any financial documentation you can get your hands on while he is away at work.  Go back 5 years if you can.  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption