What to do if the court says that my wife must pay half of travel expenses for her children to see their father but he hs moved out of state?

UPDATED: Jan 27, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jan 27, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if the court says that my wife must pay half of travel expenses for her children to see their father but he hs moved out of state?

The kids live in the tate where they were born. The father, a wounded vet, moved to another state far away from their birthplace (where the mother has primary guardianship). The father gets them each spring break, summer and alternating X-mas’s. It causes a huge financial hardship on the mother. The father married a woman with lots of money, making it easy to buy as many tickets as they want. But here, we suffer financially due to this court agreement. How can my wife file so he must pay the travel expenses? It was his decision to move so far away. Why should she be punished financially?

Asked on January 27, 2013 under Family Law, Alaska


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

If the court order that you have written about states that your spouse is to pay one-half (1/2) of the travel expenses before the father of the children moved out of state then your wife should consider filing a motion with the court seeking to modify the order that you have written about due to the fact that the expenses to be split were when the father was residing in state.

Your spouse should consult with a family law attorney to assist her in drafting and filing the recommended petition to modify the court order that your have written about.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption