Stock manager urinates in mountain dew bottle store manager feeds it to me i want to bring whole company into this which happened at a grocery store

UPDATED: Aug 5, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Aug 5, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Stock manager urinates in mountain dew bottle store manager feeds it to me i want to bring whole company into this which happened at a grocery store

came into work at 9 30 pm went to the back to eat dinner before starting to work. Store manager walks in hands me a mountain dew which was cold and full and tells here is something to go with you meal. After taking a huge bite of the chicken sandwich i then opened the what i thought was a mountain dew and took a huge sip of it. I started vomiting hysterically. Walking into the aisle i see the store manager, stock manager, and another employee laughing uncontrollably in which they said the stock manager urinated in the bottle stuck it in the refrigerator until i came into work

Asked on August 5, 2012 under Business Law, Virginia


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

You can't sue the company, but you can sue all the employees (though it may not be worthwhile; see below). The reason you can't sue the company is that a company or business is not liable (responsible) for the intentional wrongful acts of its employees, which acts are not part of those employees' duties. Since presumably doing this was not part of these people's jobs, the store is not liable for their wrongful act.

Note that the U.S. legal system only provides compensation for actual injuries or costs. If you did not incur substantial medical costs or suffer some significant injury, there is probably no point in suing--you'll recover less money than the cost of the lawsuit.

You may be able to file charges against these people however, and should speak with the police if you have not done so already.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption