Should I take this case to court?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Should I take this case to court?

Last year, I had a phone interview during which I was asked my age several times. I finally stopped dodging and told him my age. He sounded disappointed and kept saying, ‘well this is a fast paced job’. I felt very uncomfortable and felt like the whole thing was now about my age. I just got an email from EEOC saying that a Right to Sue notice was on the way via the mail but was wondering if it is a case that I should bring to court since I have no real proof about what was said during that phone call?

Asked on July 12, 2018 under Employment Labor Law, Texas


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

You have evidence: your recollection or testimony as to what was said. Legal matters and court cases can be decided on witness testimony about what they saw (or in this case, heard). While it is undeniably helpful to have recordings or documentary evidence (including emails or text messages), it is not required--the court can listen to your testimony, listen to the other side's testimony or recollection, and decide who it believes, ruling on that basis. So if you are confident in what you heard and will be comfortable testifying as to it in court, you can proceed on that basis.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption