Property Owners Association Issues

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Property Owners Association Issues

Was wondering what my POA can actually do to someone if a convenant has been broken under our covenants… (Link:

Asked on June 2, 2009 under Real Estate Law, Georgia


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 14 years ago | Contributor

Meaning what? Who broke the covenant? The POA or someone else? What covenant? What were the damages?


General Provisions

6.01  Enforcement. (a) The Architectural Control Committee, or any owner, shall have the right to enforce, by any proceeding at law or In equity, all restrictions, conditions, covenants, reservations, easements, liens now or hereafter imposed by the Control Committee to

BOOK 887PAGE 532

enforce any covenant or restriction herein contained shall in no event be deemed a waiver of the right to do so thereafter.

(b) The Architectural Control Committee shall have the right to abatement in all cases where an owner of a lot shall fail to take reasonable steps to remedy a violation or breach of any restriction contained in this Declaration within twenty (20) days after the mailing of written notice of such violation or breach. The right of abatement means the right of the Architectural Control Committee, through its agents and employees, to enter at all reasonable times upon any lot or structure as to which a violation or breach exists, and to take such action or actions specified in the notice to the owner to abate, extinguish, remove or repair such violation or breach, all without being deemed to have committed a trespass or wrongful act by reason of such entry and such actions.

So, call a homeowner association/real estate lawyer. Try

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption