What to do about passport photos for an I-130 and an I-485 that are filed concurrently?

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do about passport photos for an I-130 and an I-485 that are filed concurrently?

I am sending an application for a marriage based green card. I am concurrently

submitting I-130 and I-485 I-693, I-131,I-765, G325 and I-864. As part of the application most of these forms require passport photos in support of the application. But since am concurrently submitting all applications at once, I only attached 2 passport photos of myself, as the applicant, and 1 for my wife, who is the petitioner. Is it right to do this or is the passport photos attached so far, enough or I should attach more passport photos?

Asked on November 5, 2016 under Immigration Law, Virginia


SB Member California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

Typically you need to submit 2 photos of each person but if the USCIS requires anything more than what you have already submitted, they will send out a request for evidence asking you to submit additional documentation/photos. t his is not a big deal.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption