What can I do if I’m going through a divorce an need legal help?

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What can I do if I’m going through a divorce an need legal help?

I’m a 100% disabled veteran and am currently going through a divorce. I need help with my rights, etc. to be able to do the right thing here. We have 8 kids and I feel that my wife has turned most of the older ones against me. I am overwhelmed and I do not understand what is going on with it all.

Asked on August 8, 2017 under Family Law, Tennessee


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

You can contact Legal Aid and see if you qualify for representation there; if not see if they can recommend another group for help. Also, check to see if there is a law school nearby to where you live since they may run free/low cost clinics that handle divorces. Further, you can contact the local bar association in your city/county since many have lists of attorneys who will take cases "pro bono" (for free) or for reduced fees. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption