What to do if my wife found the thumb portion of a rubber glove in a donut that she bought at a donut chain?

UPDATED: Sep 1, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 1, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if my wife found the thumb portion of a rubber glove in a donut that she bought at a donut chain?

While she was eating it she swallowed part of it and was choking. I had to help her breathe and now she is nauseous and depressed about the whole incident. She doesn’t even want to eat anything anymore. Can we sue the company for negligence and possible injury to my wife?

Asked on September 1, 2013 under Personal Injury, California


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

Based upon what you have written about there is a possible products defect and personal injury case but the amount might be in the small claims range of your state. I suggest that you consult further with a personal injury attorney if you wish to pursue the matter further.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption