My boyfriend got granted inner state compact to move to Alabama can he come back to Kentucky.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

My boyfriend got granted inner state compact to move to Alabama can he come back to Kentucky.

Asked on May 14, 2009 under Criminal Law, Kentucky


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 15 years ago | Contributor

First of all, I am assuming he is in jail?

Second of all, it is inter-state compact, not inner state.

Third, why? So he can be near you? IF that is the sole reason, not very much luck it will happen.

Fourth, seems like he was already transferred TO Alabama, correct? I am assuming FROM Kentucky?  If so, many inter-state compacts limit the number of transfers or when they occur (between requests).


Has he spoken to his public defender? If not, he should. 

Interstate Compact for Adult Offender Supervision

This interstate compact regulates the movement and supervision between states of offenders currently under community supervision. It is designed to better ensure public safety and to create a more effective and efficient means of transferring and tracking offenders between states.

Member states: AK, AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, IL, KS, KY, LA, MD, MI, MN, MS, MT, ND, NM, NV, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, WA, WI, WY


I am unsure what the situation is for your boyfriend.  What was he convicted of and serving for? Does he have any priors? Will he qualify for parole or probation soon? 

Go to the Alabama Dept of Corrections and see if that can help you.  Here is the link:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption