Wht to do if I was suspended from work due to a conversation on facebook where myself and 2 co-workers where venting about a write up I recieved?

UPDATED: Aug 31, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Aug 31, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Wht to do if I was suspended from work due to a conversation on facebook where myself and 2 co-workers where venting about a write up I recieved?

It was also mentioned how everyone knew I was getting wrote up before I did and it actually happened. I was the only one out of the three that was involved in the conversation that was suspended. I feel like my supervisor singled me out and retaliated againt me, and believe my right that is protected by the National Labor Review Act of 1935 was violated. I’m facing termination now. What can I do?

Asked on August 31, 2012 under Employment Labor Law, North Carolina


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

In order to determine whether or not your suspension from work was justified or not, you need to carefully read the presumed employee employer handbook at your place of employment to see if you violated any aspects of it. From there, you need to get a copy of the presumed written reprimand and suspension setting forth the reasons for the discipline.

Compare the handbook and the reason you were disciplined. From there your option is to consult with a labor attorney and/or a representative with your local department of labor to go over the issues of your discipline at work to see if you were unfairly and improperly singled out.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption