What to do if I was recently ticketed for driving without a license?

UPDATED: Feb 26, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Feb 26, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I was recently ticketed for driving without a license?

I am 19 years old and this is my first time offense, I’ve never been in trouble. I am also a full-time college student and live four hours away from my family so no one will be able to attend my court date with me. What will be my punishment?

Asked on February 26, 2013 under Criminal Law, Virginia


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

Under Virginia Code 46.2-300. If you are convicted under this statute, the first violation is only a class 2 misdemeanor with a penalty of up to 6 months in Jail and a fine of up to $1500. Please tell you parents and hire a lawyer to go with you.  You could also get your future driving privileges suspended.  Get help NOW.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption