If I was involved in a car accident 3months ago, what can I expect as far as a pain and suffering award?

UPDATED: Dec 9, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Dec 9, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If I was involved in a car accident 3months ago, what can I expect as far as a pain and suffering award?

An older woman pulled out into oncoming traffic and we t-boned her totaling our van. She was 100% at fault. They paid for a vehicle, a rental car, and reimbursed us for our carseats that were in the van. I was 9 months pregnant and went to the ER and spent the night in the hospital. My hospital expenses were $10,373.04 and $97 for 3 chiropractic cares.

Asked on December 9, 2013 under Personal Injury, Minnesota


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

Custom and practice in the personal injury settlement arena one's settlement value of the injury assuming a complete and full recovery is usually 1.5 to 2 times the value of your specials. Your specials are $10,470.04. I would expect $15,705.06 to $20,940.08 as a settlement range based upon what you have written.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption