What to do if I was injured 3 1/2 years ago due to the negligance of my immediate supervisor?

UPDATED: Jul 10, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jul 10, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I was injured 3 1/2 years ago due to the negligance of my immediate supervisor?

I have had 5 knee surgeries. The first surgery my ACL was put in at the wrong angle finally I believe I am fixed correctly. I may be going back to work in 6-8 weeks; I’ve been off for 16 months now. Do I have a personal injury case?

Asked on July 10, 2013 under Personal Injury, Pennsylvania


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

Since you were injured on the job, you have a workers' compensation claim which it appears you have been pursuing.  Workers' compensation is an alternative to filing a lawsuit for negligence against your employer for the negligence of the supervisor in a personal injury claim.  Since workers's compensation is an alternative to filing a personal injury lawsuit, you can't pursue both.  Another issue is that there is a two year statute of limitations in PA for filing a lawsuit in a personal injury case.  Since the injury occurred 3 1/2 years ago, the statute of limitations has expired which would also bar that claim.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption