I was in an auto collision

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

I was in an auto collision

I was sitting in traffic and the car behind me
slammed into me. I pulled over and the driver
assured there was no damage so I checked
and she was correct. We decided it wasnt
necessary for any exchanging of information
but later on that day my head began hurting
and my neck was very sore. I cant imagine
there can be anything done with no info on the
driver. My question is, am I right? Is there
nothing that can be done?

Asked on January 7, 2019 under Accident Law, California


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

That is correct: unless you can identify the other driver, you can neither put a claim into her insurance nor sue her for any injuries you suffered. You own liability insurance only covers injuries to other people. If you at least remembered her license plate number, you could find her; without anything, however, there is nothing you can do.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption