Insurance company accused me at fault car accident?

UPDATED: Jan 6, 2019

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jan 6, 2019Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Insurance company accused me at fault car accident?

I was accused by the insurance company, Allstate, that someone called seeing me
causing an accident and leaving the scene, which was never happened. After the
investigation, I received the letter about non-renewal. How else I can prove that I
wasn’t involved in an accident?

Asked on January 6, 2019 under Accident Law, New York


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

You can provide your own testimony, the testimony of other persons who support your version, and any supporting evidence (e.g. photographs showing no damage to your car; anything, like toll receipts or printouts, showing you were elsewhere at the time; etc.). Ultimately, though, if your insurer has decided to not renew your policy, that is their choice; insurers are not required to renew policies. You should contact other insurers about obtaining coverage.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption