Whatt o do about malpractice regarding my upper eyelid sugery?

UPDATED: Apr 9, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Apr 9, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Whatt o do about malpractice regarding my upper eyelid sugery?

I had the surgery prefomed a little over 1 1/2 years ago due to loose skin hindering my vision. You can see that the surgeon did the incission in the wrong area of the eyelid which left me with more loose skin; even worse, I have loose tear glands that are so visible that you can move them around from just touching them with your finger. I can’t see anything to the right due to the bulge in my right eye; it’s so bad that I can’t find a surgeon in my city willing to try to correct the problem (although they do recognize that I have one). They just keep referring me to surgeons other than themselves.

Asked on April 9, 2012 under Malpractice Law, Pennsylvania


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

From what you describe, you likely suffered malpractice--malpractice is  providing medical care that does not meet accepted standards, and performing surgery or making an incision in the wrong place is almost by definition malpractice. If you did suffer malpractice, you can potentially recover the medical costs to correct  it, as well as pain and suffering for disability or disfigurement (like visible tear glands or not beinig able to see out of part of your visual field). From what  you write, it would be well worth it for you to consult with a medical malpractice attorney--you may well have a viable legal claim. If you wish to  explore this, do not hesitate; the statute of limitations, or time to bring a lawsuit, in Pennsylvania for malpractice  is only two years. If you let too much time go by, you will be precluded from suing.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption