What to do if I had a driving on suspended license about 7 months ago and a warrant for my arrest for failure to appear was issued?

UPDATED: Jan 27, 2015

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jan 27, 2015Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I had a driving on suspended license about 7 months ago and a warrant for my arrest for failure to appear was issued?

They found me about a week ago. I’m out on bond through a bondsman. Court is this week. What’s going to happen? Am I going to jail? I also had a warrant for unpaid fines of $350 from a domestic violence that I had 3 years ago. So they might run both together since its the same court.

Asked on January 27, 2015 under Criminal Law, Michigan


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

You need to consult directly with a criminal law attorney ASAP. The fact is that if you have 2 warrants issued for your arrest, you stand every chance of receiving jail time. Warrants are taken seriously by the courts; do not think that a "simple" driving under suspension and failure to pay a fine cannot carry severe consequences. Again, contact a lawyer before you appear before the judge. If you can't afford legal counsel, you may possibly be eligilble for representation by a Public Defender.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption