What to do if I got a ticket for a concealed handgun?

UPDATED: Nov 12, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Nov 12, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I got a ticket for a concealed handgun?

It’s registered to me. I thought enough of it was showing so I didn’t think it was concealed. What kind of trouble am I in?

Asked on November 12, 2013 under Criminal Law, North Carolina


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

Concealed carry laws are pretty extensive in North Carolina. You do need (unless you meet exemptions like being a police officer or government agent of some sort) a concealed carry permit to carry a handgun. You cannot carry in certain areas, or to certain places. If you got a ticket for carrying and you didn't have a concealed carry permit, you might be liable for a Class 2 misdemeanor and it could impact your ability to carry concealed. Contact an attorney in your state who handles firearm rights laws and see if this can be dismissed or pled down.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption