If I found out that my ex-wife was pregnant possibly by someone else and lied about it during our divorcet, what should I do?

UPDATED: Jan 27, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jan 27, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If I found out that my ex-wife was pregnant possibly by someone else and lied about it during our divorcet, what should I do?

Divorce was final 09/09/10 and she was pregnant in June/July. She pushed and got the 90 day waiting period waived to hide her being pregnant. Now she is filing contempt papers against me because I have entered a new relationship and had this woman around our children. I wouldn’t have agreed to the original terms of the divorce had I known all I do now (mainly the amount of child support).

Asked on January 27, 2011 under Family Law, Oklahoma


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

Wait, so she lied about the child being yours and you are paying child support for the child? Then you should consider bringing an action to modify the divorce agreement as it pertains to the child support and request that a paternity test be done to establish if you are in fact the father of the child.  Lay out all the issues before the court and let them know in no uncertain terms that you believe that she lied during the negotiations and with regard to paternity and that you now have reason to believe that the child is not yours.  See where it takes you.  Either way you need to know and establish things sooner rather than later.  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption