I did not go to the hospital an the day, but im huurting now?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

I did not go to the hospital an the day, but im huurting now?

February 2guy ran a red light, my light was green, I did not see him, his vehicle SUV flipped up side down, I don’t know if he had insurance, the police officer said it was a rental, the police report puts him at fault. I have full coverage and gap, though, I am experiencing pain now, I did not go to the hospital on the day of the accident, Is it to seek medical care?

Asked on February 9, 2018 under Personal Injury, Illinois


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

You can still receive medical treatment for your injuries. It is not uncommon for auto accident injuries to manifest themselves sometime after the accident instead of immediately at the scene of the accident.
The medical reports will document your injuries. You can use those medical reports to refute the insurance company claiming you were not seriously injured due to the delay in treatment.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption