If I am a permanent resident of the US, what form should I fill out and where should I submit it?

UPDATED: May 1, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 1, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If I am a permanent resident of the US, what form should I fill out and where should I submit it?

My mother is 72 years old. She lives in India. She wants to visit me.

Asked on May 1, 2013 under Immigration Law, District of Columbia


Harun Kazmi / Kazmi and Sakata Attorneys at Law

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

If you are filing a tourist visa, your mother will apply directly with the US Embassy. She will complete the online application form DS-160. To help support the case, you can process an I-134 for financial support and give this to her. However, if you intend to immigrate her, that is a different process altogether. Feel free to email me if that is your intent. [email protected]

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption