How contour sue the police department for abuse of office as stated in the texas pc 39.08

UPDATED: Apr 27, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Apr 27, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How contour sue the police department for abuse of office as stated in the texas pc 39.08

The case got dissmissed so know i need to know what steps to take to get my bond money and expenses grevens etc and charge officer with a missdeminear count.

Asked on April 27, 2009 under Criminal Law, Texas


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

Be careful what you get yourself into. Just because your case was dismissed doesn't mean there was an abuse of process.  There is no Texas Penal Code 39.08.  It goes up as high as 39.06.  In terms of those specific codes, you have a heck of a lot to prove.  Here is the link: 

If you truly feel something happened to you due to police abuse, try or the Texas legal aid and find a lawyer can review your entire file with you and determine if you have a case.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption