How can I get custody of my 4 underage siblings if I strongly consider their safety is at risk with my mother?

UPDATED: Nov 14, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Nov 14, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How can I get custody of my 4 underage siblings if I strongly consider their safety is at risk with my mother?

How do I proceed?

Asked on November 14, 2012 under Family Law, Texas


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

Are you of age? If so, are you able to support all four children? Will you be able to provide them financial support, a safe home and also time to aid them in their studies? These and many more questions will be asked in order for the court to determine if you are qualified to care for them though certainly a bonus for you would be that you wish to keep the siblings together and with family.  You should start by consulting with a family attorney who has had extensive experience with custody hearings involving adult siblings caring for underage siblings. This could begin by contacting the state bar and also local bar associations in family law.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption