What to do about an F! stamping?

UPDATED: Jun 14, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 14, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do about an F! stamping?

I came to US on H1B before my H1B expired I changed my status to F1B and was successfully approved. University with which I got my F1 status approved was closed so my SEVIS got terminated. Later, I took an admission in different University and applied for reinstatement and I was approved. Now I want to go for my F1 stamping so, was wondering what are my available chances or their will reject me as I still have 1 semester left for graduation. And also wondering if I can go for stamping to Canada or do I have to go my home country.

Asked on June 14, 2012 under Immigration Law, Arizona


SB, Member, California / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

If you are in valid status in the US, you can try to go to Canada.  However, if the US Consulate in Canada is not able to issue your visa, you will need to go direct to your country from Canada since you will not have a way to reenter the US.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption