Foreclosure in Oregon

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Foreclosure in Oregon

I live in Oregon. I am facing foreclosure on a
property I own but do not live in. I am on the
mortgage alone and my husband quit claimed
his interest in the property to me 3 years ago.
The home we live in is in my husbands name
only. If my property is foreclosed on can the
bank come after the home we live in that is in
my husbands name only? Thanks

Asked on February 26, 2016 under Real Estate Law, Oregon


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

The bank cannot foreclose on any property that is not securing the mortgage in question, and even if they were to also sue you personally for any amounts owed and get a judgment against you, they could not try to enforce that judgement by putting a lien on any property which you are not an owner of (i.e. where you are not on the title or deed). d on what you write, your husband's home should be safe from the bank.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption