How to go about contesting my mother’s Will?

UPDATED: Aug 4, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Aug 4, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How to go about contesting my mother’s Will?

my mother died last september and my uncle changed her Will. She was not in her right mind when this will was being signed she needed help to sign the will. No one was allowed in the room while my uncle’s attorneys were in the room. I am the only child and my mother made it clear that I was to inherit her estate. I am in no position to hire an expensive attorney but I feel it was wrong what my uncle did. What are my options. She died in a hospice in one stae and her trust was in another state; my uncle had control over that. There is a considerable amount of money in my mom’s trust.

Asked on August 4, 2012 under Estate Planning, Florida


david slater / david p.slater, esq.

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

You cannot afford not to have an attorney.  Perhaps you can work out a contingency arrangement.  Her medical records should help determine her mental state. You will have to  oppose probate of the will. Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption