Can you beat a DUI or have your case dismissed if the information on your ticket is incorrect?

UPDATED: Apr 13, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Apr 13, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Can you beat a DUI or have your case dismissed if the information on your ticket is incorrect?

Probably a long shot, but the officer who wrote my ticket for my DUI the other night wrote down the wrong year model for my car. Would this descrepency in documentation be grounds for a dismissal?

Asked on April 13, 2012 under Criminal Law, Arkansas


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

This would not affect your DUI ticket because essentially this is atechnicality. You have everything else on the ticket as being correct so that is the most important set Facts. As loinform the information on your license is correct, better for you to obtain a criminal defense attorney to help with obtaining an alternate or delayed conviction or lessened sentencing structure.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption