Can I remove an A/C unit that I bought prior to selling commericial property?

UPDATED: Apr 9, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Apr 9, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Can I remove an A/C unit that I bought prior to selling commericial property?

I sold the property. I want to take the units since I purchased them a couple of years ago when the real estate was still mine.

Asked on April 9, 2012 under Real Estate Law, Illinois


Alan Pransky / Law Office of Alan J Pransky

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

Most commercial sales have comprehensive documents that would answer this question.  Without having any documents that address this, the answer is controlled by the law of tenant's fixtures.  If it is a tenant's fixture, the tenant can remove it.  However, determining if it is a tenant's fixture can be complicated and can't be addressed in this format.  You should consult a lawyer.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption