Can I get my car dropped or lowered

UPDATED: Oct 2, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 2, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Can I get my car dropped or lowered

So I was pulled over for speeding I think about 19
over and was arrested and put in the back of the car.
They searched my car without asking then took me
back to the station. I blew a .1 and was charged with
a 4th degree dwi. This is my first offense for anything
ever and I am a graduating senior in college so I can
not afford the fees or afford to get my license
suspended since Im a commuter.

Asked on September 18, 2019 under Criminal Law, Minnesota


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

It is very unlikely that you can get the case dropped or dismissed. Police, prosecutors, and the courts take DUI very seriously. A practice in NJ and and handle DUI cases as well as other traffic offenses and I have never seen a DUI be dropped. It is likely you will get the minimum penalties since you otherwise have a clean record and are in college, but i doubt they will drop the case entirely.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption