can any one having CPT category of F1 visastudent visa register a LLc?

UPDATED: Sep 1, 2016

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 1, 2016Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

can any one having CPT category of F1 visastudent visa register a LLc?

please assist me, can any one having CPT category of F1 visastudent visa
register a LLc?
cause normally college allow 20 working hr in a week and some time they allow
on campus work


if yes please let me know how we can do that and assure me that there would be
no any legal


i will be very thankful for that.

Asked on September 1, 2016 under Immigration Law, Texas


SB Member California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

Registering an LLC is not the same as being employed.  Anyone in any status or no status can register an LLC but you have to have valid employment authorization in order to be able to work in the US.  Unless you have that, you are not legally permitted to do that.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption